CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

I Need a Hairmet




For the last six months or so Tom and I have been coming up with several creative ideas on how to sucker someone into buying our SUV. However, no one is as dumb as we are, and we have therefore had no bites. And while I'm pretty sure last Sunday was the first (and only) time we've ever actually hauled something with it, I have to admit that I really love this car. It was an absolute life saver when I was preggers - if you have never been 9 months pregnant you'll just have to take it from me that it is 100% impossible to get in and out of a car by yourself, but getting in and out of the Jeep was a breeze. Just lean your butt on the seat, scooch it back, swing your legs in. Granted I still kind of hoped no one was watching when I was doing this, but it was far better then the time I got stuck in my friend's Civic. That is a story for another day (i.e., never).




Anywho, since filling up the Jeep tank costs roughly the amount of my mortgage, I only drive to the train station and back (and when we need to haul something, like that one time 4 days ago). I take one of the later trains from Puyallup, which does not have a parking garage, so I usually park about 5 blocks away and hike it back to the station. Because of this I leave my house a half hour before the train leaves, even though it takes no more then 15 minutes to get there, because I have to allow for those days that my usual spot is taken, and the 5-7 minute walk back to the train station (depending on how awake I am that morning).




These last few weeks while walking back to the station and standing in line I have found myself staring longingly at the mint green Vespa parked with the bikes about 10 feet from the train line. Not only can you go 900 miles on its tiny tank of gas, you don't have to drive around frantically looking for a parking spot, run 5 blocks to the train if your usual spot was taken, but they're also extremely cheap and cute to boot.

(You might not be able to tell, but this is actually a very beautiful dark purple)



The normal arguments went through my mind and were quickly discarded: What about winter? They're so cheap it would be worth it to just drive it in the summer, even in a Seattle summer, which is the last two weeks of July and most of August. What about Harper? I'd just drive home from the train station in the evenings and walk to her babysitter's to pick her up with the stroller, it's probably less then 1/4 mile from my house. What about getting groceries, etc? I'd just plan better and only go shopping on the weekends while Tom's not using the regular car. However, there is one argument that I just can't get around. Helmet hair. Maybe if my hair was straight, or it was the kind of curly where it's always beautiful and bouncy no matter what you do to it (these curlies are rare because real curlies like me usually kill them in a jealous rage), but if I put a helmet on my head I will pretty much be guaranteed a flat, frizzy mess for the rest of the day.

What I need, peoples, is a hairmet a la JD on Scrubs. So if anyone can find me one, I will be extremely happy. So happy that I might give you ride on my purple Vespa.

4 comments:

Ammon Allred said...

It must be genetic, because Heather wants a Vespa too.

Jennette said...

The other day Tom said to me, "Hey I was thinking, maybe we should get you a scooter to drive to and from the train station." I literally started screaming like I won the lottery.

Maria said...

I totally think you should do it!!!! It will be worth and just like you said you will look so cute!!

Anonymous said...

when I lived on Capitol Hill I considered this EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! I also was concerned about the hair situation...perhaps you should borrow a helmet and see what happens. You could try different styles out (cute pony tail?) aren't quite so smashed.

I always wanted a Honda Ruckus with either hot pink and orange hibiscus on white OR pink cherry blossoms on white.

You should do it!